Paris is France's capital city and is a major city in Europe. It is a global centre for art, fashion, food, wine and culture. Its 19th-century cityscape is criss-crossed by lovely boulevards and the River Seine.
It features world-famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum and the 12th-century, Gothic Notre-Dame cathedral which caught fire in April 2019 resulting in massive damage. The city is also known for its cafe culture and designer boutiques along the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
The Louvre Museum has been featured in many movies like "The Da Vinci Code" (2006 Staring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou), "Edge of Tomorrow" (2014 Staring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton) and "Wonder Woman" (2017 Staring Gal Gadot and Chris Pine).
Famous people who live in or were born in Paris
- Emma Watson is a British actress (and model) best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies and is now worth over $10 million. Emma also had a part in a much smaller movie called The Tale of the Despereaux.
- Eva Green is a French model and actress who is well known known for her role as "Vesper Lynd" in the Bond movie "Casino Royale" (which also starred Daniel Craig, Dame Judi Dench and Mads Mikkelsen) and "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" where she played fem fatal "Ava Lord".
- Jean Reno Was born in Spain but lives in Paris some of the time. He stared with Tom Cruise in the first "Mission Impossible" movie where he played "Franz Krieger", and starred with Tom Hanks in "The Da Vinci Code" where he played "Capt Bezu Fache".
- Marion Cotillard is a famous French actress, songwriter, singer and is very active with Green Peace. She has appeared in movies like "Inception" (2010 Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page and Tom Hardy) and "The Dark Knight Rises" (2012 Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy). She won many awards for playing French singer Edith Piaf in the movie "La Vie en Rose" in 2007.
- Brigitte Bardot is a former French fashion model and actress. As a young girl she attended ballet classes by Russian choreographer Boris Knyazev. She stared in many movies but retired and became an animal rights activist.
- Hervé Villechaize was a French-American actor, best known for his role of "Tattoo" on the TV show "Fantasy Island" (1978). He is also remembered as the villain’s assistant, "Nick Nack" in the Bond movie "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1974 Staring Roger Moore, Britt Ekland and Christopher Lee).
- Sophie Marceau is a French actress, screenwriter, director and author. She played "Elektra King" in the Bond film "The World Is Not Enough" (1999 Staring Pierce Brosnan, Denise Richards, Judi Dench and Robert Carlyle).
- Jean-Baptiste Kempf was the co-founder of the VLC (Video Lan Client) media player found on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and FreeBSD systems. VLC is the world’s most-used video player (more than Quicktime and Windows Media Player). It was created at Paris University École Centrale Paris and remains a Paris-based project.
- Olivier Martinez is a French actor who has appeared in many French movies but will be remembered as "Pascal LeMarchal" in the American drama series "Revenge" (2011 ~ 2015 Staring Emily Van Camp, Madeleine Stowe, Karine Vanasse, Josh Bowman and Gabriel Mann).
- Jade Jagger is the daughter of rock legend Mick Jagger and ex-wife Bianca Jagger. She is a British home designer and jewellery designer and used to be a model. Jade was taught to paint in the 1970s by artist Andy Warhol and eventually exhibited her work.
- Victoria Salem was born in Paris but moved to London (UK) and ultimately became an entrepreneur, business networker and professional development coach. In 2014, she formed the Golden Network, and in 2019 she formed TGN Coaching with opera singer Katerina Mina. This new company features interview training and one-2-one coaching around central London.
- Christine Lagarde is a French lawyer, politician and economist serving as Managing Director and Chairwoman of the IMF (International Monetary Fund) since 2011 and is the first woman to hold this position.
- Pierre Omidyar is believed to be one of the youngest expatriates in this list. The Paris-born billionaire left France in grad school to move to the US where he founded eBay.
- Mathilda May is a French film actress who became famous in 1985 as the naked alien vampire in the movie "LifeForce" (which also starred Patrick Stewart of StarTrek:TNG fame). She later appeared in "The Jackal" in 1997.
(C) 2018 ~ 2019 Theia - Stats